Oakland is up next in the report. Another team that has the minor leagues in good shape.
1. Keith Hayes...... Keith is hitting the cover off the ball in AA. he has a .354 average, while hitting 16 doubles, 10 homers, driving in 50 runs. He has walked 37 times, while fanning 27. His batting eye is impressive, and if it keeps getting better,he will be a very fine player for years to come. His OBP is.462.
2.Al Leon..... Al is a typical power hitter. He has great power, low splits, and a very good batting eye....Jim Thome reborn. He has 12 doubles, 3 triples, 16 homers, 49RBI'S, while walking 30 times. He has fanned 44 times in 217 at bats. I take it back, he is better than Thome in that way.
3.Mitchell Glaus....... Mitchell "don't call me Troy" Glaus is another player lost in the cracks of the minor league system.He was promoted to AA this season, and has responded by hitting .442 . He has shown decent power, hitting 7 homers in 52 at bats. He also has shown a good eye, walking 8 times and fanning just 10.
4. Kevin Hong......Kevin is going to be a decent major league player. He is still in Low A, but he is doing a fine job there. He is hitting .322,with 15 doubles, 7 triples, 7 homers, and 42 RBI'S. He has 14 stolen bases to go along with his 25 walks. A very fine .395 OBP. The only thing he needs to work on is the strikeouts.
5. Nick Hall.... Nick "don't call me Montey" Hall is going to be a decent bullpen pitcher. He has decent splits, good control, 4 pitches, and a top of the line sinker ball. In Low A he was 1-0 with a remarkable 0.90 ERA. In 20 innings he gave up 15 hits, 0 homers, only 2 walks , and fanned 18.
6. Chad Buchanon...... Chad is doing a lights out job down in High A this season. He has converted 12 of 13 saves, while posting a 1.04 ERA. In just 26 innings, he has given up 24 hits, 0 homers, 7 walks, while fanning 29. He has very good control, and decent splits....
7.Lou Lewis...... Lou is a lifetime AA player....going on 5 seasons now. He has pitched 34 innings, allowing 29 hits, 2 homers, 6 walks, while striking out 32. 2-1 with a 1.59 ERA is not too shabby either. He has decent control, good splits, and the potential to make noise in the minor leagues.
8. Willie Montero ....... Willie is back in AAA again this season. This time he is putting up very good numbers. He has a 2.35 ERA to go along with his 2-1 record. In 23 innings, he has given up 25 hits, and only walked 5.
9.Sadie Grissom......Sadie "don't call me Gil" Grissom is really not a prospect, but I was marveled on his production. He has great splits, great numbers, and poor ratings. Power over 80, contact over 90, would be a very fine pinch hitter to end his career.