Durham was hard to judge in the minors. A few of the levels were deeply in need of repair. I am sure some rating and some stats are infatuated due to the circumstances. So we did the best we could to find some top performers for them.
1. Curtis Sullivan..... Curtis will probably amount to be a very good relief pitcher in the ML. He has very good splits, and has good control. He is 4 for 4 in save chances thus far, and has a 4 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio. In 24 innings, he has given up 27 hits, only 1 homer, while walking 4 and striking out 16.
2.Lorenzo Iglesias......Lorenzo is 5-2 in Low A ball. He has an 3.17 ERA so far in the season. In 54 innings, he has surrendered 45 hits, 10 homers, 24 walks and has 50 strikeouts.
3. Elmer Koplove..... Elmer "don't call me Fudd" Koplove has done a great job in Low A ball this season. In 15 innings he has given up 8 hits, 5 walks and 15 strikeouts. He is also 0-0 with a dazzling 0.57 ERA
4.Fernando Mendoza......Fernando is doing a great job in his first season of minor league ball. He has 19 doubles, 8 homers, 53RBI'S while walking 27 times and only fanning 28. A ,323 average and a total OPS of.977 does not hurt at all either.
5. David Barrios...... David has shown decent speed thus far in High A....H ehas 7 doubles, 6 triples, 2 homers, 19 RBI'S and stealing 11 bases. He also has 23 walks, and an OBP of .408
6. Del Cervantes...... Del has done a great job so far in Low A this season. He has shown a great variety of power and speed. He has 8 doubles, 7 triples, 7 homers, 49 RBI'S, and has a .359 average.
7.Adam Becker..... Adam is in his 4th season in AAA. I hope someday he gets a chance in the big leagues. He has put up solid numbers and this season is no different. He has 16 doubles, 3 triples, 2 homers, and 15 runs batted in. He walked 30 times, struckout 24 and also threw in 10 stolen bases so far. He has an OBP of .422.
8.Ty Rolen. ...... Ty will be a very very good leadoff hitter, or possibly number 2 hitter. Projected contact at 100, he should be a very very good hitter. He has 6 doubles, 4 triples, 4 homers and 26 RBI'S. He has walked 32 walks, and 25 strikeouts. A .311 average, 16 stolen bases, and a mere .418 OBP.
9.Alex Coombs....... Alex is a future star waiting to happen. H e has shown poise, a great batting eye, and the act for getting on base. He has a .473 OBP, and a solid .367. He will be the ideal hitter to set the table for any franchise in the future seasons.
10. Welington Henriquez........Welington"don't call me beef" Henriquez is going to be a solid ML players for years to come. He has 15 doubles, 10 homers, while driving in 37. He also has 18 walks and 42 strikeouts, which is a little high for 206 at bats. He has a .387 OBP and a .330 average. To say the least, if he cuts down his strikeouts, he will be more of a threat.