Burlington is a franchise that should be pesky for seasons to come.
1. Diego Infante..... Diego is in AAA, and he is a very good closer. So far he is 12 for 14 in save chances, with a very good 2.35 ERA. In 15 innings, he has given up 10 hits, 3 homers, 5 walks, while fanning 11. With his durability and stamina, he should be a very reliable ML closer.
2. Willie Mateo......Mateo is in AAA, and he is starting to come into his own. He is hitting .323 with 9 doubles, 11 homers, 38 RBI'S and a OPS of .993.
3. Darren Barkett......Barkett id 6-3 and 2 for 2 in saves. He has pitched 48 innings, while giving up 44 hits, 5 homers, 10 walks, and striking out 41. He also has an ERA of 2.96.
4. Julian Wilkinson..... Julian is having a fine year in AAA so far. In 22 innings he has given up 22 hits, 2 homers, 6 walks and 12 strikeouts. A dazzling 1.61 is not too bad either.
5. Trent Cortes..... Trent will probably never see the big leagues. He is doing a great job in the minors this season. He has a 1.95 ERA, while going 2-1 and saving 3 of 4 games. In 28 innings he has surrendered 23 hits, 7 walks and fanned 24. His splits and his 1 pitcher over 50 says he will be AA at best in his career.
6. Cy Lloyd ....... Cy will be another one that may be a bench player/part time player. What is really interesting about CY is his range and glove ratings. Both are projected mid-upper 90's. That being said, his arm strength is horrible at the mid 50's.....especially for a CF.. He is hitting well this season. His average is .369, while his OBP is .454. He will get on base and score runs, but with contact and splits below 50. He may have a tough time in the ML, assuming he gets there.
7. Felipe Tavarez......Felipe is putting up great numbers, but that will end in the minors. He may be a nice bench player, or pinch hitter, or possibly part time fill in. He is hitting over .370 this season, with 6 doubles, 3 triples, 4 homers, a .434 OBP. He will be a pesky hitter .
8. Bill Terry....... Bill is in High A ball. He has 15 doubles, 7 homers, 31 RBI'S ,while stealing 25 bases thus far. He has a .438 OBP and a total OPS of 1.004. Bill could make the big leagues, but I see him as a bench player up there.
9. Paulie Ross...... Paulie is hitting very well in High A this season. He has 16 doubles, 11 homers, .290 average,35 RBI'S and a very decent .390 OBP. He has walked 22 times and fanned 35 in just over 180 at bats. I think Paulie will makes the Big leagues. He has power potential in his future.