Thursday, March 9, 2023

Meet the Owner - SeniorPloppie

 Catherine Trammell - Contributing Reporter


Catherine Trammell: Good morning Cobbfather faithful! It's interview time again, but this sit down is with a former Cobbfather owner, SeniorPloppie who has somehow found his way into ownership of the defending world series champions. If the stories are true, previous owner and our editor-in-chief minihouston ran up HUGE debts on Bourbon Street to a local "bar" owner. After some digging, we've discovered that bar owner is good friends with SeniorPloppie. The sale was quick and the debt seems to have been erased. For now the team will remain in New Orleans but renamed after their new owner to...drumroll please....the Smell. Having sat in on meetings with him before, I can confirm SeniorPloppie does indeed smell like a mixture of cats and moth balls. Mr Ploppie welcome, you owned the now Hartford Rising Stars from season 44-47 before making a quick sell and purchasing the 6 time AL South division champ (now Mexico City Staring Frogs) from sermonauthor for seasons 48-52. After just a few seasons you sold the team to current owner dakar. Let's start with telling us why are you back in Cobbfather? Do you have anything to prove? 

SeniorPloppie: I have already proven that I am bad at this game. One title over 100 seasons, is really bad. Why did I come back? I always do! Glutton for punishment. 

CT: Might have to nickname you boomerang. Each of those teams you owned had middling budgets. We know by the way the blog's budget is ran, minihouston had a firm grasp on current and future budgets. But just because it was his plan, doesn't mean it's going to be yours. What can we expect from you as an owner this season? 

SP: I expect the former owner to be greatly disappointed by his former team's demise.

CT: No doubt that will be the case, but his own fault for getting himself into debt that size! Lucky for me, his paychecks aren't bouncing. This team is completely different than the previous division champs you took over in the AL South, does taking over the World Series champions make you nervous? What would you consider a failed season for the New Orleans Old Fashioneds....Smell? The fans are clamoring for another World Series run and either a rematch with the Atlanta Expos or a Swamp Series with the Houston Space Cowboys. 

SP: It's a fake baseball game, utilizing created players. If this makes me nervous I'm in trouble. I'm old. There is enough in my life to worry about. Like...is that ONLY a fart?

CT: Never trust a fart! Your best season record is 109-53, your new team has never won less than 102 games the last 4 seasons, twice winning 114; do you think you'll at least top your previous best with the new team? With a 7-12 post record, New Orleans fans have to be a bit nervous. 

SP: Over the last 15 years of playing this game, I have a winning percentage in the .500 range. That's what I expect to get as a minimum. The rest is gravy. Hmmm gravy. 

CT: Gravy....Farts, you're making me a bit nervous. Surely this team would win at least 90; anything less I'll have to look into the team tanking. Did you ever imagine your Trenton Reznors (Hartford Rising Stars) would go from a $73M payroll and third in the division to the $79M payroll and NL powerhouse they are today? 

SP: Trenton, they just needed an owner who knew what he is doing. As far as competition, I'm in competition with myself. Can I finally, not screw up a talented team. Those who know me from Cobb, know what I'm talking about. 

CT: Well best of luck to you continuing with a strong team. It doesn't look like there's much action really need to keep pushing the team forward. Are you surprised to see your old El Paso team (Mexico City Staring Frogs) still rebuilding? 

SP: I'm not surprised that they are still in a rebuild, because there was nothing in the minors. The owner, prior to me, signed very few of his draft picks. There were very few prospects in the minors when I left. Finishing .500 gets you bad draft positions. 

CT: That makes sense, it seems the team is finally moving in the right direction. Do you consider any of your inherited players untouchable, if so who? 

SP: Anybody who has played this game with me know that no one is untouchable. Cobb and Cobbfather Hall of Famers are full of players I've traded. 

CT: Perhaps Dizzy Leonard will come out of retirement to play for and be traded by you, if it helps him get into the Hall. Is there a player you will look to move and are excited about the return he may get you? 

SP: There is only one trade I would make to improve this team. The owner. 

CT: Rumor has it, he doesn't carry much trade value. How will you leave your mark on the team? 

SP: I leave marks everywhere I go. See previous answer. 

CT: Considering you seem like a type who trusts farts, you definitely leave marks everywhere. Thoughts on your division?

SP: My team's prior owner totally trashed talked the teams in my division. I believe that anyone can win our division. (good cop, bad cop)

CT: I believe he said all it took was a .500 win team to win the division. There you are folks, another "new" owner in the books. Good luck SeniorPloppie, don't mess this one up! 


Editor Note: I can neither confirm nor deny the debt allegations at this time, but I would like to make amends with the Houston Space Cowboys owner and will make sure Skynet treats them properly moving forward. Go NOOFs!