Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Meet Rwings1927

 


Q: Tell us about rwings1927. What is he like? What does he do in his spare time when not obsessing over your rosters?

I'm a sports guy. We have a minor league hockey and baseball teams here and had Jags tix for 20 years. Also like to golf and go deep sea fishing.

Q: From your history, you've played HBD for a while, but did you take a break? Just wanted some new teams and opportunities? What do you enjoy the most about the game? What intrigued you about joining our world?

I've left Hardball a couple of times frustrated with their random injury code for the MLB club I mean why have health ratings if you're code doesn't bother with them but I digress. Other than that I enjoy everything else about the game and felt like giving it another chance and this looked like a solid long lasting world.

Q: What is your favorite part about building a franchise? Do you try to make a lot of trades? Would you rather build through the draft or IFA? Or just buy a team like Steinbrenner used to do?

I try to use all aspects when building my teams and enjoy the draft and trading the most but I'm not big on bidding wars and tend to back out if that's where things are heading.

Q: Of your current roster, who do you like most? Promise they will never read these articles! What about prospects? Who are you looking forward to the ML team in the next couple of seasons?

The previous owner traded for a bunch of 20 something players last year all very similar so I'm not real sure who will break out yet, but I did promote Hill and Lindor this year with the hopes that they'll do good things for us.

Q: What are your goals for the upcoming season? Are you looking to push for the playoffs? Or do you expect to rebuild for a couple of seasons?

Well pushing to get into the playoffs is always my goal because you can't win if you don't get in but this division looks to have some tough competition so we'll see how it plays out.

Q: Since you've only been in the league for a few days, this may be tough to answer but what has been your favorite aspect(s) of Cobbfather so far?

First impressions are the owners here understand that it's a game and like to have fun with it so I can see sticking around for a number of seasons.

Q: What advice would you give a new owner in HBD? Besides making sure to ignore most conversations with the Commissioner of Cobbfather?

Everybody has their own idea about how a team should be built so I'm not a big advice guy outside of the standard be wary of 3 for 1 deals.

Q: Any final thoughts as we head into the Season?

Why do people enjoy living in the desert, my FIL lived there for 8 years and I'm sorry but I just never saw the appeal?