Thursday, September 29, 2022

Meet an Owner - jsapp12

Catherine Trammell - Contributing Reporter

Q: Tell us about jsapp12. What is he like? What does he do in his spare time when not obsessing over your rosters?

A:  In my spare time, I am either spending that with my wife and daughter, or hanging out with friends playing golf/watching football. I have a pretty tight knit group of friends and we get together very often.

Q: You came highly recommended from Alan to come into our league. What do you like best about competing with him? What drew you to our league besides his recommendation?

A: Me and Alan have known each other most of our lives. I think I have been around Hardball longer than him, but he's ventured out into other leagues whereas I'm just a one team one league kind of guy.

I think the biggest thing about your league for me was turnover. I was previously in a great league, but sometimes the turnover was so large that it would take months to fill the league.

Q: What is your favorite part about building a franchise? Do you try to make a lot of trades? Would you rather build through the draft or IFA? Or just buy a team like Steinbrenner used to do?

A: I think I enjoy building through IFA and drafts more than trading. However, as already seen in the league, I am not afraid of pulling off some trades!

Q: Of your current roster, who do you like most? Promise they will never read these articles? What about prospects? Who are you looking forward to the ML team in the next couple of seasons?

A: ML wise I'm looking forward to watching Jimmie Bryant and Earl Hawkins develop, and I really am a fan of the speed I have in Ignacio Estrada, and both of my CF's. From a prospect perspective, I am really looking forward to seeing what Miguel Pena (Who I just traded for) will develop into.

Q: What are your goals for the upcoming season? Are you looking to push for the playoffs? Or do you expect to rebuild for a couple of seasons?

A: This season is kind of up in the air. I think from a position player perspective, I could compete a little bit. My pitching is lacking however. I think I could have a team that might make a push for the playoffs, but just fall a little bit short. I am hoping to re-build the entire organization top to bottom the way I like to build them.

Q: Since you've only been in the league for a few days, this may be tough to answer but what has been your favorite aspect(s) of Cobbfather so far?

A: My favorite aspect about this league is that it seems most everyone is pretty bought in and willing to keep the league going. I love how much time and effort is put into the Hall of Fame.

Q: What advice would you give a new owner in Cobbfather? Besides making sure to ignore most conversations with the Commissioner?

A: Advice I'd give to a new owner is, be ready to look at lots of trades! :)

Q: Any final thoughts going into the Season?

A: Overall, just happy to be in such a great league, and I look forward to building this organization top to bottom and competing with you all for years to come!